Saturday, June 7, 2008

Heath Completes his MBA, finally!

After three years of night school I finally completed my MBA and graduated on 17 May 2008. Studying at Wichita State University, a short ten minute drive from home and another ten minutes from home to work, helped make it managable and allowed me to be home for dinner even on school nights. I was at school two nights a week and spent a few hours another two nights and on Saturdays doing homework. I probably leaned too heavily on my ability to read things once and remember them and cram for tests, but it helped me keep school time in balance with work and family time.
I enjoyed the mix of professionals, engineers, and international students at WSU. A happy surprise was the excellent professors at the business school. I was worried that the program would not be very good at such a lesser known school, but I found it challenging, interesting, and practical.
I put off a lot of needed home repair jobs and didn't keep in touch with family and friends like I wanted to, but now that I'm done I'll happily spend more time doing both. Special thanks to Rachelle and the kids for being so patient and helpful during this time. Thank you thank you thank you!!!





2 comments:

Joyce and Bill said...

Very nice! Way to go everyone! Great Grandpa Chuck would be so proud of the fisherpersons! Yum, I love fried bluegill and catfish!

Thanks, Heath for the blog! love, mom

Grant said...

Proud of you, Heath. Congratulations on completing a great challenge.